As a Catholic healthcare ministry, we are committed to treating all individuals with dignity and respect. We respect each person as an inherently valuable member of the human community and as a unique expression of life. As an organization we firmly believe in our mission of nurturing a quality of life that advances the healthcare ministry of Jesus.
The presence of organized labor in healthcare has increased significantly over the past several years. While we prefer a direct working relationship with Employees, we endorse Employees’ right to seek union representation. We pledge to create an environment whereby Employees can make informed choices following the National Labor Relations Board’s guidelines.
During any union representation discussions, we pledge to conduct ourselves in a manner consistent with our faith and values.
- Employees and management will remember during this time that, first and foremost, our priority is to provide quality care and compassion to patients and families.
- We embrace open and fair discussions so Employees can make informed decisions.
- Information we provide about union representation will be factual and shared in an honest and forthright manner.
- We will not hold mandatory staff meetings for the sole purpose of discussing our views on union representation.
- An Employee’s choice — no matter what the choice — will be respected.
- Any communication we share with Employees during union representation discussions will attempt to reasonably, respectfully and fairly convey our points of view in the context of both sides of the issue.